General update - Work || Commencement || Durian Party
Sunday, 12 July 2015
Hehehe in case ya'll didn't know, I'm officially in my first perm job.... As an associate in Transfer Pricing at EY :) Perm job means cannot countdown to end of work already! No more 10-weeks internship where you can countdown and be excited when freedom draws near. Now I can only pray that peak wouldn't be too bad (cause I cannot work under stress T.T) and anticipate January when we can finally take a break!
Work's been good so far I guess? Hahaha like what Miss Jow said, NTU never had any courses that really teach about TP, so... my learning curve will be very steep! And I kinda feel it too, Barely 2 weeks of work (1.5 to be exact) I feel like I've done a lot though it's actually nothing much. Like general engagement letters which actually state the scope of work (and those are what we have to do), industry analysis report and bench-marking analysis.
Really learning a lot, like it but it's going to be quite tough at the start; we're only learning bits and pieces of the whole process! More to come! Sounds cheem but I hope it's not too difficult. Not a fast learner and I'm really scared that I cannot remember my stuff.
The current issue is that my sleep cycle isn't really adjusted back yet; most of the times I would fall asleep on the couch at 12-ish, and waking up at 2-ish to move to my own bedroom when my brother is ready to turn in for the night, too. Because of that I think I'm tired in the morning! And I don't have the habit of staring at my laptop screen for long hours so my eyes get really tired in the late afternoon oops. But I'll get used to all these soon!!
Oh yessss, let me introduce you to my colleagues!
From left: Noel, Me, An, Emily, Ember, Tzehui! Hahaha glad that our batch is so huge given that we only have a capacity of 42~45, and that means I'll have lunch buddies most of the time! :) Like not everyone will be free everyday especially when it's the peak period - We'll probably be too busy to head out for (long) lunches.
And they are nice people too! Noel happens to be friends with Derek and Rujun, small world hehh! Tzehui is also from NTU, she's super bubbly! An, Ember and Emily are from NUS. An is a Vietnamese who majored in Economics, Ember and I share the same buddy and assessor. Emily is the one who thought that I never wore specs HAHA. All of them damn smart please! Heard accountancy students in NUS do have some knowledge on TP, so yeaps, they can apply what they learnt! Both Noel and Tzehui are double degree holders too. Poor debs is just a normal accountancy student :X
Good news for this week is that I completed my first ever report in years!! Clocked in a lot of hours and probably not a fantastic job done but that was the best I could do with my limited knowledge... Well I hope my senior doesn't have to edit a lot or tell me the information was not relevant!!!
& To end off the week, we had a TP mini outing! Durian party at Zhitang's house. They bought 10 durians at first and thought it wasn't enough, so another 7 pizzas were ordered that would arrive quite late! But the durians were cleared damn quickly when not everyone was here so they headed out to get more.. such that by the time the pizzas arrived we were all bloated. But it was a good gathering out of work!! Got to talk about non-work-related stuff and knowing my colleagues better; hopefully it helps with getting rid of awkwardness cause I'm still at the super cautious stage.
With 3/4 of those who went early!! Spot Ms Jow!! Fave tax tutor :) :)
Went to get my graduation gown.today! Really feeling old already; my parents want to get our family shoot done so yeaps, we only paid for the non-refundable deposit and got my full set for free. With a lion toy. (But I still want the NTU bear LOL. So cute w specs!!) Can't wait for 3rd Aug :)
But yessss, went to Laiyin's commencement on Thursday. Waited super long but still congratulations! One of my first few friends (in my batch) to graduate. But okay la, I'm also one of the first few to graduate amongst my secondary school friends, and already in the working world. Not sure if I should be happy not but I guess I'll slowly adapt to it.
Ending my post cause I wanna sleep soon!! Like soon. Hehehe.
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door



