<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
SEA GAMES 2015 / DINNER W RAE
Thursday, 11 June 2015

Shall post everything that happened for the past 2 days here before starting on my Taipei post! 4-5 days omg I don't think I remembered everything already :( And the photos aren't helping much cause they don't exactly matched what I remembered thus far... And I think I deleted photos that I took for one particular day by accident or by impulse noooo. Shall ask Weishan to send me the photos if possible! Hopefully she captured those moments that I deleted. Kinda remembered she still had the Taipei photos; she only lost the Hualien/Taitung ones :(

10/6/2015 - Date w Lynn / SEA GAMES 2015



Went to send Bryan and Rachel off in the morning! But was late omg; there was so much delay such that instead of reaching at the time I planned I ended up reaching there just in time to send them into the departure hall oops. Safe trip okay; spam hand sanitizer, take Vitamin C/lozenges/whatever just don't fall sick in Korea! And have fun for 16 days hehehe :P

Went to meet Lynn after that for the SEA Games Sports Carnival! Anna was vomiting badly so she couldn't join us. Settled my lunch while waiting for her!

But sadly the carnival seemed to be more suitable for kids omg. Thought it's some large scale event but nooooo. And to think we thought we would spend one whole day playing!! Okay la at least got free Milo from the Milo vans along the way.

So... we decided to get tickets to watch some SEA Games matches instead! Just nice Zhekang and Eunice are playing for water polo that day so we went to show some support!! Damn spontaneous :P Lynn had this theory that "because we are Singaporeans so should be free hor?" HAHAHA no way man, but we bought tickets nonetheless. But we were rushing for the match cause it was bought last minute and we wanted to get food and drinks since we can sit in for two matches (Singapore VS Indonesia and Malaysia VS Philippines). And the Aquatic Center was soooo far omg 70% melted while walking under the sun! (We didn't know we could walk through the malls) Lucky we didn't miss much!!


Singapore won 7-4!!! Goodjob ladies!! And Eunice was damn good as a goal keeper; she managed to block out a few shots attempted by the opponents! Zhekang did well too!!


Short break after their match; and we got to take photos with Nila the mascot!! And headed out to get some chilled drinks; Fruit juice ftwwww (though it was quite expensive) And again we had to rush back to catch the second match.


Went to queue for registration for the hot air balloon ride - the lady told us if weather conditions allow they would fly at around 5! And we're not very lucky cause we ended up being on the waiting list - so even if they do have the hot air balloon ride we are not guaranteed a slot! So we went to chill at the foodcourt cause it was too hot outside. It's been awhile since the two of us had our usual talk so yayyy :) But please stop selling me away, and to ZT of all people. "Cause you two are single and are my friends ma" LOL what logic is this; doesn't work that way! But speaking of ZT we suddenly thought that we should ask him to join us also for our group reunion after our last laser tag game :D 

Had vegetarian dinner at Clover 8! Not cheap but the food is good! We had braised shark fin, green curry rice, curry chicken noodle (with bean filling), cheese balls and mango sago! Haha I think we have huge appetites :S And tried calling the person to check about the hot air balloon ride - sadly they weren't flying any yesterday~ So in the end we just called ZT who just woke up to see if he was free HAHA. But nah, we'll meet next time okay, before we fly! :) 


Went back to the carnival to walk walk see see if there's anything to do, and found a place where people can go date next time! Super pretty placeeee and has the Ai He feel. Like kind of remembered the times I went to run with Hanying, Cheowlin and Peizhen (should meet them soon also; realized I haven't seen PZ since Jan!) & also the times when we cycled there to Carrefour with housemates! :D So excited I wanna go cycle again soon!!! :) :)


Singapore's night landscapes are always so pretty :) And feels so peaceful there also!


Decided to try our luck at Ninebot (we queued once in the afternoon but it was soooo hot so we gave up queuing then) and yayyyy we were the last two in the queue! :) It's quite fun, and I like the logic behind how it works, like the greater you displace yourself from the fulcrum the faster you will move! Like if you lean very forward you will move forward quickly; and vice versa!


But I damn lousy, kinda panicked once and the robot was moving back and forth SO SCARY I THOUGHT I WOULD FALL. Thankfully I didn't lift my feet up so I was safe! Guess anything with wheels are not meant for me to try :S There's a hand on the photo cause I couldn't get my resting position where the robot wouldn't move, so the guide had to hold on to it!

Watched the closing "concert" for the day and thank you Lynn for accompanying me the whole day!! Wasn't expecting myself to stay till so late but the company was much needed :)

11/06/2015 - Dinner w Rae
Can't wait to meet her later!! She probably wants to hear what's going on with me since she can read my moods best. And I guess I'll really need that listening ear.

Sigh feeling a little feverish; probably because I kinda over-exerted myself the whole day. Fell asleep really early and even took a nap just now when my post was half done; only to wake up feeling really tired for the first time. Like wake up already but want to go back to sleep immediately kind :( I do hope I'm feeling like that for a day only. Cannot afford to be sick :(

---

Date with my dependable LG! Hahaha we met earlier cause her meeting ended earlier :) And she's probably one of those few people whom I can say that "I'm meeting my LG/online couple later!" and get everyone confused cause I don't ask to go out with guys alone; still not used to it and yeah to save any explanations haha. 

But yay matchy outfits! White x dark skirt! :)


Japanese pasta as recommended by her! Just nice I was craving for Japanese food so when she says it's either Jap pasta or ramen I'm totally cool with it :D Probably my first and last time eating at this place cause I heard they're closing down quite a umber of outlets. Really liked my pasta though; huge serving and I managed to finish it! Hahaha #foreverhungrydebs, especially when I just woke up.

Date with normal food! Totally got laughed at when I said it literally!! But hey! My definition of normal food - not ice cream waffles or cafe for a full meal! :P

Yay good food and had a good time talking and sharing my Korea trip photos cause I guess I wasn't really ready to talk about anything else except our travel stories! Her couple trip that was joined by another friend and my group travel to Korea. Guess after listening to her I think my trip really went well - we didn't encounter a lot of problems and I guess I felt pretty comfortable throughout; and that was what that mattered most. Like so far all my trips outside Singapore are mainly in groups; hardly just alone with another person.... So I'm actually quite excited for my upcoming trip! :) I hardly request to hang out with one other person unless I'm close to him/her such that we are comfortable with the silence sometimes haha. But I do know the downsides of travelling in groups, glad I didn't have serious problems even for my Taiwan Exchange. 

And this time around it was her treat again. Felt so bad sigh; shouldn't have told her about my results then she wouldn't have the chance to pick the tab!!!! :(

Headed to Tom's Palette after that!! :) Made it there without using Maps cause it brought us to some weird place then we suspect it got lost as well so... we rather trust our own directions! Even I know it's near Suntec okay *grins* 


Hehehe I got to treat her ice cream at least! :) Granny's Favourite x Salted Caramel Cheesecake for me yayyyy :D Yuzu was nice too!! And I get to hear more stories and shared some too~ Hahaha I guess when people go travelling together things are bound to happen! Or at least from what my friends are saying! Even Rae's story was simply: they went Toronto as friends and came back as a couple... and everything happened in 2 days! Awww :P

But anyway thank you Mr Wong for your words HAHA but we're going to prove you wrong :P Some things just cannot be rushed~ And I didn't know she'd tell her husband everything about me!! hopefully one day we will all be able to meet up together; I want to meet the man who treated my LG so well over the years :)

And there was this awkward moment when the person who served us suddenly asked if I was from Hall 2??? I guess I was just stunned like vegetable so I just said yeah and went to our table LOL. LG was also confused by my reaction until I started wondering how he even recognise me when I got no recollection of seeing him around before. And I only stayed there in my first year so that was sooooo long ago! (In the end he said he recognised me cause we were in the same orientation camp; but he guessed my OG wrongly! But still, I'm quite surprised that people still recognise me when we never talked. But now I know!! If I head over again someday I'll be sure to say hi :))

But yeah, I guess my looks didn't change much ah. Even LG was saying from as long as she remembered I looked pretty much the same and hence recognisable. And she just kept laughing at me when I say stuff; didn't know I make people laugh so easily with my blur actions. Still remembered the one when she asked whether I'm going to ask the guy how he knew about me before we left and I just went... "Oh right I totally forgot I should ask." :S Or when I saw the table that says we can tag #tomspalette or something then I just mentioned casually that I should tag that too.. but I didn't upload any photos with ice cream HAHA.

Good night out still; thanks for trying to keep me sane during this period, and I probably need that all the way till I start work or something :/ Last selfie!! Me and my love to take photos to remember who  I went out with :)


Was talking to Weishan and Chelsea about Chels's dilemma whether to study overseas while otw back! I don't get the chance to experience it so Idk (well exchange is afterall different from going to a foreign country to study for a few years), but I see people going there and enjoying themselves as they interacted with the locals there as well as with people from their own home country! Oror even travelled everywhere around the continent to explore and gain more insights. And eventually seeing people like my cousin or Shubin who loved the country they've stayed in so much that they ever considered getting PR! 

So if you think you're up for it, go babe!!! Don't worry about not being not independent enough cause when you travel alone you're be forced to be more independent than before (or at least that kind of happened to me). And you know, we are always a text or skype call away so you won't be alone!! Hahaha yes Debbie never ignores messages one! At the very most you'll get a very delayed response if you accidentally angst me!

Lastly, yes Chels! Weishan and I do read your blog when it was named MFI cause it was easy to remember and I still like to read blogs though lesser people are blogging unless you're those famous bloggers. Now that you changed URL I need to find a way to remember again haha! But I guess they won't get to read this unless I decided that I should tell them the link HAHA.  

Sigh still busy transferring photos from my phone to laptop for my Korea trip; Day 3 already!!! Hahah hopefully I get to upload them soon. Trying to delete some redundant photos to save space.
They told me to hold to the faith I had, but it's so difficult to.

[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]