2 - TAICHUNG (27 - 29/09/2014) (Day 3)
Tuesday, 14 April 2015
Last day in Taichung, woke up to pretty scenery around the area! Never got to explore much the night before cause it was already very dark. I think I made a bet with someone to wake up at 7am or something to explore the area but it never happened because that someone couldn't wake up I guess. But still had a good night's sleep :D
And we had breakfast prepared for us before we left :) Porridge and some simple dishes! I see pork floss, somehow I loved eating them ever since I tried them in Taiwan! Don't remember liking it back in Singapore, must be because there's something different about it. Confim. Cause I don' crave for this ever since I'm back.
Polaroid at the minsu before we left! ^^ Hahaha sorry that I'm such a burden cause I wanted to capture as many moments with my Polaroid camera while we travel out. Digital is always the best form but I'm just scared one day what if I lose all my digital copies :(
Cing Jing Farm (清境農場)
Left our minsu and headed for Cing Jing Farm, which happens to be up in the mountains too. Went there to visit the meh-mehs! :D Though it was summer then it was quite chilly at the top.
![]() |
| As usual, mandatory group photo at touristy places! :) |
"这个世界太复杂,我们应该学会把,学会把他变得简单" - Totally right; why are humans so complicated, and why must they complicate their lives?!
Pretty pictures ahead! :D If only I get to see such a view daily hehehe~
![]() |
| Nice paranoma :D |
| :) :) |
![]() |
| So prettayeeeee :D |
| With le pretty roomie and pretty flowers behind! :) |
Thought we'd only see the sheep at the grassy fields where most of them would be at, but no. Say hi to the first two (shaven) meh-mehs that we met along the way! :)
Walked towards the place where the others would be located, it's quite a long walk! Hahaha can you spot the meh meh signboard!! :)
We saw a couple taking having their wedding photoshoot there with the meh-mehs!! So cool, I mean most people would want to have an unforgettable wedding in their lifetime, but how often do you spot couples not having the normal photoshoot indoors/outdoors with nice scenery that will make the photos look good... Like trying to capture a nice moment with the mehhhhhs in the sun!
| Happy happy shot :) |
| Bryan who wanted a nice photo with the sheep, but it's not an easy task haha. |
![]() |
| Shot by Weishan who was lagging behind! "Ready to molest the meh-mehs" HAHA. |
And tadasssss, we've reached! The sheep are free to roam around the area, and visitors can buy their food to feed them! So yupp, we tried feeding them, and as usual I'm always the apprehensive one, 什麼都怕 :( But I did interact with them after a while!
![]() |
| Mission 1: Interact with the meh-mehs, SUCCESS! |
But it wasn't very successful for me all the time HAHA. Bryan took so many shots and some of the photos reflected my fear, like this one!
So other than the sheep, they have horses too! And we can pay to ride them around the area. It's NT100 for a person, and NT150 for a pair. Not expensive!! Hahaha the couple tried first! I was thinking whether I'd want to ride it at first.
![]() |
| They look so happy! :D |
Decided to try riding the horse with Bryan! Thank you for agreeing to do so cause I really don't think I'll ride it alone :/ But it was a short course only though! And we got a different horse from wsck! Angsty horse HAHAHA.
Went back to the meh-mehs after that. But after a while... I got so addicted interacting with them HAHA. Like when you're familiar with the area and the sheep, IT'S TIME TO PLAYYYYY :D Tried taking selfies with the sheep after that, and I think we all managed to take at least one nice (or maybe just glam) photo with a sheep!
![]() |
| Mission 2: Selfie with meh-mehs, SUCCESS! |
Took us many shots before we captured these, cause most of the time they would run away before you snap the picture, or they wouldn't look into the camera :( We found out the way to attract their attention - FOOD. Hahaha greedy greedy sheep. But it was so fun snapping photos with them! So we attempted wefies too!
![]() |
| Mission 3: Wefie with the sheep, SUCCESS! |
Snapped a few more photos before leaving the place to get back into our cab :D
![]() |
| Picture with my favourite sheep, 360 annyeong!! |
![]() |
| Weishan and her swag meh meh! :) |
![]() |
| Proof that we've been here~ |
Headed to some place nearby to grab some food for lunch! Sigh, a pity that we didn't get to visit the cardboard restaurant!! Clubber Yang recommended that place, and I think Shihui also posted it on instagram. But I guess we were a bit tight for time also oh well, next time then! :D
![]() |
| 山雞 that was hard to chew! |
![]() |
| Some ice cream to beat the heat! |
And since we are there, we cannot miss getting some stuff back rightttt. Bought some honey back; can mix it with water for daily consumption ^^ Left the area and headed towards 日夜潭 after that.
Sun Moon Lake (日夜潭)
Took the ferry there after the cab uncle dropped us at the pier to get the tickets. During the ride they were explaining how did the term 日夜潭 came about also. Quite interesting heh! And that we must get the tea egg when we reach there!! Like it's super famous, been there for many years already. But anyway, got CYD I'm happy alreadyyyy! :D
![]() |
| The famous tea egg store!! |
Didn't stay there for very long, just walked around and snapped photos before heading back to the ferry!
![]() |
| Needed to queue to take a photo with this! |
Went to the dinner place recommended by the cab uncle; he kept saying must try some sort of roasted chicken in Taichung - 甕缸雞 (Earthen Jar Chickens). We also went to some 5-star toilet near the area, like it came from donations or something. And the (public) toilet is really clean and nice omg. Cleaner than most public toilets in Singapore also haha.
![]() |
| Cost to build this toilet!! :O |
![]() |
| How often do you see toilets like this! |
![]() |
| The atas toilet! |
![]() |
| Dinnerrrrr :D |
Cabbed back to Kaohsiung after dinner, cause we have lessons on Tuesday! (Yeap, all of us have no lessons on Mondays wahahaha :P)
This was scheduled backwards instead of posting in May! Hahaha if not it looks so fragmented.
Labels: debzintw
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door




























