<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
2 - TAICHUNG (27 - 29/09/2014) (Day 2)
Sunday, 12 April 2015

DAY 2: Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village
Morning was spent getting Taichung's specialty - Suncakes 太陽餅 :) Was showing mum all her favourite pastries but sadly I cannot get those for them cause it'll expire even before I return to Singapore. (And we barely started on our exchange then!)


Hahaha doing up this post really makes me hungryyyy :(

Spent most of our day at 九族文化村 (Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village)! There's quite a few places to visit there - their theme park and should go visit and learn about the different Aboriginal cultures :) 

Shall just let the photos do the talking!! So pretty, and we were only at the entrance :)

Starting off with a mandatory group shot, as always!

So pretty!!



So pretttyyyy! :D 

Another group shot, we had to cross some bushes (and probably killed some plants in the process) to get in.

:) :) 
Taking photo with the bear mascot!! Super cute :D


They have this train service that will tour around the village!:D Looks super traditional, no air-con one!

And we're finally at the entrance that leads to the theme park!

Photo with le roomie when the guys are away!

:)



I looked as though I was trying to kope the ice cream, but the weather was really hot!! It was still summer then.


Weishan and the guys went for their first water ride! :) Couldn't join them for all the water rides for that trip, sadly :( Love taking theme park rides though I'm always so scared and apprehensive when it comes to free falling and heights, so why was I so unlucky!! Haha but it was fun watching them take the ride too. Was helping Bryan to video their ride, but I was more afraid of getting drenched when the carriage took the free-fall-like plunge.


 The second water ride they took was named something like a mine ride.. Hmmm not very sure but I couldn't view how the ride was, not accessible! :( So there's only a photo of me trying to act like a kid. BUT I'M STILL YOUNG AT HEART OKAY, THOUGH I'M SHORT. :X


Went for the indoor rides after that!! Hahah I think we took some indoor roller coaster also - the spaceship like one!! Went for the Viking after that, it's quite scary also, but I like! :D Once again when I'm taking Viking I'm forever laughing, sorry Weishan and Bryan y'all have to bear with me cause I'm always very tickled by these rides. Or rather, I feel ticklish really easily.

Photo credits: Chongkai :)

I like Weishan's caption - Debbie who cannot stop laughing, Bryan who cannot stop AHH-ing. LOL.

This ride looks familiar.... 위 아래 HAHA. 
We went outdoors after that, and they were talking this super scary ride in the theme park that's quite similar to the one we saw on Running Man, except that it wouldn't move backwards. Weishan didn't mind trying, but the guys didn't want to take the risk. (tsktsk!!!) So I ended up being the deciding factor - and I agreed to try. Just #yolo!! (But it did come across to me that I'd puke after the ride after seeing pictures of the ride) Hahaha Weishan and I are each other's yolo buddies when it comes to rides.
What the guys (or rather just Bryan) were doing while we went for the ride. 

Introducing.... the scary ride!! Your legs are left dangling one, SO SCARYYYY. Totally no sense of security T.T But it was really fun though, never regretted trying!! But my eyes wasn't open at certain points, especially when you're facing down during the ride. Cannot really take the thrill for such rides already, must not kill myself by facing my fear for heights. That aside, 너무 재미있었어요!! :)

Maybe I should really go try sky-diving someday, who knows I may survive eh? After trying those scary theme park rides and water sports over the years I think there's a chance leh!! Like I always say I cmi but after trying it's okay one :P But my parents are super against it cause my heart may not be strong enough to handle the pressure.


After the ride. We look perfectly fine right? ^^

Went for lunch after that, and it's time for the most chillax session - just taking photos around the area ^^ Why is everywhere so pretty thereeeee! And I love making online photo collage, didn't know they have this function that can adjust the corners, so these look like photo strips, so cool! :) So much donut love here.



Started touring the different aboriginal cultural villages/areas after that! Really interesting heh, like how their lives are so different from ours. And we also got to experience some of the activities they undertake! 

The interior - looks really 古代!

Got to try archery at one of the mini villages! Idk is it because I'm scared or weak or what but I can't really seem to exert enough force to shoot the arrow! Like most of the shots didn't even go near the target!! But thankfully there were people to guide us, if not I'll really be super lost!


More pretty pictures, so many fishes :) :) Went to purchase those friendship-like bands also - different colours have different meaning! I got those related to health, happiness and family/friends #whatsnew


So pretty right!! :)

Decide to head for the cable car that can lead us to 日夜潭, along the way there were some statues, and Chongkai decided to pose for them haha. "Giving a helping hand" (Y) 


Passed by a souvenir shop and we decided to get their local rice wine!! Was thinking we can clear them someday at home when we play games with drinking forfeits :) Bryan got a new toy 山豬 haha it's super cuteeee. But no I can't get toys cause Idk how to bring them back, and not sure if I'll have space on the bed for me to sleep. :P


We passed by this area where we can pose as prisoners! All of them look so cute haha, and why can see my cheek line!!

Went to get tickets and took the cable car ride down to go back to our cabs! Nope, we didn't visit 日夜潭 that day, it was kind of planned for our last day. Didn't have the time also.

Group photo + shanzhu!
View of  日夜潭 from the cable car!
Did a survey for some students when we reached, and asked for recommendations as to where we can go at night; they recommended Feeling 18c! They're super nice, even provided us with the address after they googled :)


Did some shopping before heading back to the cab. He brought us to a temple called 文武廟, which is apparently very famous. That day there were also performances put up by the locals there, and there were free food provided as a form of Thanksgiving that day. We also went to take the 365 stairs down, and back up. Super tiring, and guess I'm old already :(


Went to Feeling 18c as planned! The cab uncle went to get 檳榔 cause Bryan didn't mind trying. So while we were choosing our ice cream flavours he learnt how to consume that. Apparently it is described to have tasted like vegetables so yup I chose not to try it!

But just saying it's not something that y'all should eat on a regular basis k!! We just wanted to try once only.

Look at the variety hehehe <3
These are the flavours that wsck chose! Idk where did my photo went haha
Us with our icecream before we headed back! Super blur and dark photo sigh :(

Headed for our minsu for the night at 埔里 - but oops I think we didn't check the place properly cause we booked it in a hurry. It was situated up in the mountains, super ulu!! And the we took a long and narrow route up the mountains in complete darkness. Totally reminded me of the time le family drove back from Malaysia - no streetlights at all, super scary! 

Weishan and Chongkai tried the remaining 2 檳榔 at the minsu, finally saw how it looked like when you have to spit it out. :O Luckily we booked a room for the driver too! Just stayed in the room to watch TV and nuaaa and sleep. The bathroom is nice though, there's a bathtub but I can't use >:(

Sigh need to end here again cause it's damn looooong!

Labels:

[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]