2- TAICHUNG (27 - 29/09/2014)
Saturday, 11 April 2015
Finally at our first weekend trip! :) Cannot exactly remember how much we spent but I think a bulk of it went to booking the cab cause we thought the rates were okay till we asked people and realized it was actually super expensive :$
And it's a trip out of Kaohsiung so some planning has to be done back in the apartment - like finding a 民宿 to stay in, and where are the must-visit places. Thankful to have housemates who know these better than I do. Imagine me trying to settle all of these; I'll probably have a mental breakdown first.
DAY 1: National Museum of Natural Science / Rainbow Village
Headed for Taichung by cab - was busy sleeping most of the time (as usual, cause I can't really take car rides) but stopped by somewhere for us to have lunch first. Had my first Teppanyaki in Taichung/Taiwan at 大埔鐵板燒! :) Realized Taiwanese in general are super generous with vegetables, and sadly I'm never a fan of them. But I didn't waste the food okay, it was cleared by Bryan, tyvm!
Headed for the 國立自然科學博物館 (National Museum Of Natural Science)! They have so many exhibition halls around, quite confusing but it's interesting! I guess I always learn something new when
The first one that we went to was about water conservation, and how some of the developing countries are finding ways to get drinkable water for their people. Kinda remembered this part cause I watched a few documentaries in this hall while roaming around and waiting for the rest! I also remembered them incorporating some fun in getting their water source, like how kids would sit and spin on something like a merry-go-round to pump water.
![]() |
| See, I really paid attention!! HAHA. |
Went to look at marine creatures through the magnifying camera! I think we also saw things like cells, viruses and insects too?
Went to another exhibition area which allows you to play with some of the technology and learn about how water can be used as a driver. It's a bit similar to the one I went for at Marina Barrage back in secondary school!:)
![]() |
| Hello hello hello, how may I help you? :D (Actually there's info sharing over the phone :X) |
Went to the Chinese history section!! Back to the old old times, and I think people in the past are really very very smart to have come up with all these. (Y)
![]() |
| I like this candid shot under the bridge! :) |
At the dinosaur exhibition! Some of the dino species will "move and roar" at certain times, as though they are hunting for their prey. Super cool and the effects made them look more realistic :)
![]() |
| Group shot infront/behind T-rex!! It's so huge. |
![]() |
| Hiak hiak!! |
One of our few exhibitions! From talking about dinosaurs/fossils, we came to the section about the evolution of human mankind and animals. Quite a fair bit of animal exhibits, but there are some of the cuter ones :D
![]() |
| Kiwiiiii! Reminded me of Huiqi HAHA |
Headed towards 彩虹村 (Rainbow Village) after that! It's super pretty hehehe look at the colours!! Vibrant colours make me happy, which is why I wanted a photo; and the colour of my clothes happened to match :D
![]() |
| My fave group photo, even up till today! :) :) |
And we saw the Rainbow warrior, aka 彩虹戰士! Gave us a postcard each, and we took photos with him too :)
Anyway, the place we stayed in was super cute!! 塗鴉小屋; it really has doodles around the place - the stairs and even our room! :) The place was quite spacious too, we had separate area beside the beds to watch TV. Only thing is the toilet ceilings are not very high ah, so the guys... Idk if they found it a little inconvenient :S
Got ourselves those 四人房 kind of rooms! Cause it's cheaper than getting those 2 x 雙人房, and also having everyone in the same room makes it easier for us to plan our activities for the following days! And maybe... help to wake people up HAHAHA.
Ending Day 1 by visiting one of the 夜市 in Taichung - 逢甲夜市 :) :)
Our minsu was located near the entrance of the night market (actually it's inside the night market hahaha) so it was super convenient for us to head out for food and some sightseeing.
Shall end here for now; posting it because I'm not sure when I'll have time to update again!! & I realized Day 2 is picture-heavy!
Labels: debzintw
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door



















