Matcha cravings!!
Saturday, 21 March 2015
Title says it all. Okay la I still have matcha ice cream at home though, but nowadays I don't really crave for them as much as before when I was studying and needed happy food to get my brain working. But I do miss my desserts from Kaohsiung T_T
Barely studied in the end cause it took me so long to get a seat, I forgot it's the March holidays aiyo. So I was reading my borrowed book most of the time, and decided that.... I'd just renew the loan. LOL. Really indecisive debs, but I shall stick to what I always do, finish reading the book though I'd probably have a lot of thoughts and all. And when I finally got a seat... I was too sleepy from reading consol cause it was so wordy, but must attempt to read because I don't want to lag. Seeing that Liz has even finished SLS 7 I think I should work harder too, cause my hell weeks are coming. Imagine having consol presentation, Korean role play and badminton assessments on the same day. :( And Korean written exam on the lesson before that. Think I'll really pull all my hair out then! Must clear backlog and be on task haha.
Oh yeah, this was quite epic but... Weishan (and ck) and I were at the same places at different timings!! Cause she showed some cute photo of fat cat toys and mentioned that she was at OC, then I went like omg I was there in the afternoon as well!! But she left earlier and headed for Plaza Sing, and the thing is.... I went there too after studying LOL. Totally not fated to meet HAHA.
Met up with LWP group mates, Jane is missing again!! :( Still rushing her project :( But it's been long since I saw Yousheng also! But I'm always glad that I've met them back in Y2S1, couldn't have asked for better group mates back then :) Also if I have't met them I guess my exchange would have been so different. I mean, we'd still meet cause we were the only Singaporeans in our table tennis class, but probably not as close to always eat out together! I still remembered how excited I was when I asked them about the courses they got cause we never planned together, and we got the exact same combinations omg!! Felt sooo relieved back then cause wsck changed their timetable and I thought I'd have to be alone in school haha. Thanks to them I got to satisfy my dessert cravings yay!! :) Also those table tennis sessions and dinner after our Tuesday class when nobody's at home, cause I don't like to eat out alone :)
The thing is, I can legitimately say that I missed or craved for all my desserts because we always eat together and they know exactly how it feels like as compared to just telling people that I miss this and that, cause even if they agree we're not exactly on the same page heh. Had jap dinner again today. Didn't eat that much cause I was still quite full from my curry puff and nuggets lolol why did I eat so much for lunch :X
Hahah Yousheng looked like he was feasting lor, but he runs a lot so it's okay!!
HY and CL bought the off peak promotion meal, super worth leh I think! But CL was still hungry after her meal while my stomach exploded (for the third consecutive day) so we went for desserts at 記得吃!! But okay I didn't get the matcha dessert cause I cannot finish it alone, had my steamed egg instead. And koped Yousheng's matcha shaved ice!
Anyway had a great time catching up though it was a little short, next time must meet up with Jane also! I realized I've been eating a lot haha, shall run more when I go for morning exercise tmr ^^
Was thinking whether I should join the interns and seniors for dinner at SSB but I guess not cause I'm really not eating and a bit weird to join in last minute! Headed back instead, and I was so full that I decided to walk home, glad that I made it home in one piece cause it was dark and I'm still quite scared about being alone in the dark. 30 mins walk from Simei, passed by Weishan's and Kary's place!! But okay I think I walked too much cause my right foot the joint area is a bit swollen again omg, and my left ankle hasn't fully recovered. Mum is insisting that I go get them treated but that would mean having my feet wrapped and being very restricted so... not now :( I'll just make sure I don't sprain it too often cause sometimes when I lift it up you can hear some funny crack sound omg.
But that aside, was reading articles on my way back, quite interesting hehe :D
-----
9 Questions To Ask Yourself To See If Your Friends Are ‘Real’ Friends (cr: elitedaily)
"Our generation is obsessed with putting our lives on display for others to see to the point that we begin to stretch the truth. We try to make everything seem more glamorous than it really is and as a result, we tend to lose sight of who is truly important to us."
This is so true, I mean most of those Instagram photos and Dayre posts, other than posting it for the sake of memories, most people (me included, sometimes) are just posting for people to see and go, "Ah, so you've been there/with them ah?" or to let certain people know things that they may not be able to because sometimes it's just so difficult to say it out loud that you have to give subtle hints. Times like these when you realize that those photos and posts mean nothing other than a painted picture of what others want to depict, that's all. & I don't really like the idea of letting others read me like an open book so... yeah. I shall try to post less stuff on public spaces.
But yeah, some of those points are really applicable there to me, like:
If hanging out with this person required a one-hour commute, would you still do it?
Lol honestly, if I really cherish the friendship, I would leh. Especially when this is the last few chances when I can spare the time. (well when I start working it would really depends whether I even have the extra time to catch up with them) Honestly, I think distance should never be the issue. Yes, we all live damn far from each other/school. But Singapore is so small already, if you compare to those on LDR this is really nothing manz. It's not like we have to travel 3-5 hours just to meet people.
Do you consider yourself to have the same level of closeness with this person as you do with many of your other friends?
"Close relationships take time to maintain and it’s probably not physically possible to have very many unless you literally spend your entire day talking." LOL this is so true man, and I have to say yeah I sort of know how I "rank" my friends. I know exactly who are the closer ones, who I want to become closer with and those who will just remain in the "friends" zone. But I cannot really differentiate them by what I tell them because tbh I don't share much uh. So if you know something about my personal life then you're definitely the close friends. I rank by how much I can crap with them or often I talk to them instead. :P Because I'm a boring person and it's quite difficult to keep a conversation going with me sorry! I'm known to be a convo-breaker haha.
Is your main form of communication with this person through social media?
Hmmm I honestly prefer real time conversations or phone calls. I mean texts can be deceiving and difficult to interpret sometimes; I'd prefer talking to people right in their face. And yes, photos don't mean anything when you're posting for the sake of posting "nice" photos on your feed.
When you hang out, do you actually spend time meaningfully?
And that would mean not using phones when you're with them. I'd try not to do that but if the other party is constantly using the phone then I'd do so also cause if not do what? Look at the person use the phone only meh tsk.
Do you only talk to them a few times a year?
I think this depends leh. I think if you're really close you can either be talking random stuff daily, or just talk to them once in a while because they are considered low maintenance friends :P I tend to talk more to those whom I'm trying to maintain relationships with cause they also matter, and also I'm not one who can handle a lot of conversations at a point in time. So yeah, I'd talk less to the closer ones to make myself less drained from all those conversations that I have to handle haha.
-----
Second article would be @bellywellyjelly's thought post!! I think I saw it before, but till today I just realised my thought post was somewhat similar. Like we had similar (bad) experiences that probably scarred us when we were young, and caused our self confidence to hit rock bottom. And yes, I'm very conscious about how others see me, so what they say would affect what I do. Which is why I'm always living in what others expected of me and not being true to myself.
But I loved her post though, think I dayred her quote before which is why it was so familiar!
Be brave - to be yourself & not an "improved" version of someone else - "The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday". Identify and embrace your flaws and imperfections, wear them proudly as they represent the beautiful person you are.Hehehe enough of penning my thoughts down! Train of thoughts got broken halfway through while watching running man, thankfully I got them back shortly after which explains why my post is super duper longgggg.
Oh yes, the world seems really small, like everyone knows one another one! Today I realized Michie knows Junnie?! Like they're in the the same c law group omg, but ok uh I'm just hoping Michie does not ask too much, cause I'm not close to Junnie haha. And also the couple from my Korean 2 class knows my bnf friends :O (Oh yeah we had two couples in Korean class where both the girls have similar names, qiu yan or chui yan haha so cool! And we have a lot of final year nbs students in our class haha! Like Liching, Yvonne, Deming, Zhanyi and Chui Yan. And also have about 3 year 2 nbs students. That takes up about half the class?!) And how coincidental that one of them also takes corp fin with people whom I know. Now I think the logic about the degrees of separation and how we are about 7 people apart!
Shall end with another article that I read hehe! Need to wake up early tmr for morning run with Lukas and Shaun!! :) Probably will die running with them LOL. And in the end I still didn't get the chance to do work before sleeping oops.
12 Signs That You Stay Up WAY Too Late (cr: LowKayHwa)
(HAHAH this is totally for me manz)
1. You think about eating at 3am in the morning.
But thankfully I try to control myself and not eat. SLEEP MY HUNGER AWAY.
2. You procrastinate until 10pm and finally start work at 12am.
Yeah, I'll be "napping" HAHA.
3. People wonder why the hell you’re up at 4am on social media.
5. You stay up late so often that you no longer worry about people breaking into your home.
LOL. This is quite funny, but actually my parents/brother would actually lock up everything before they sleep cause they have a klutz at home who always forget stuff, like leaving the Wifi on for the whole day when we were all out. And I tend to lose things so easily cause I'm forgetful, guess my parents should be worried that I'll be lost one day. /Touchwood
7. You enjoy staying up late for your “me-time”.
Yessss, I tend to think a lot of stuff late at night, so technically I'm not really doing work. Haha just thinking about.... stuff.
10. You simply just CAN’T go to bed early.
Cause my sleep cycle s really screwed up :/
11. And when you finally sink onto your bed, your mind is still horrendously active.
Always happens. :( Too many things on my mind cannot sleep even when I'm physically drained.
12. You cringe when morning finally comes.
Cause I'd be so drained and think why did I even stay up late in the first place and yet the cycle repeats.
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door


