Managing expectations
Thursday, 19 March 2015
Sigh it's 4am already and I'm finally done with my Korean homework!! Super duper tiredzxz omg especially when I barely survived my consol midterms and not having enough sleep for the past few days, and having to wake up at 730 later for school. Got a feeling #latedebs will happen hahaha, but it's a long day tmr so don't even think about skipping haha. Esp Korean, skip one lesson I'd probably be damn lost, and the thing is even now I'm still damn blur hahah.
Shall pen whatever I wanted to say in 15 mins!! Just nice tt time when I have to remove my eye mask HAHA really cannot leh my eyebags last warning omg. Primary school tt time I don't have them one lor!!! So much for teasing ppl back then, karmaaaa.
Hehehe anw back to the main issue!
Consol midterms was super depressing, sigh my last midterms in my Uni life and it ended on a bad note.
"A carpenter should not blame his tools if he didn't do a good job." Guess this applies to me. Yeap, couldn't finish the paper, like really the bulk of my theory questions were left blank. The paper format was soooo different from past semesters. Like when I practised them it felt like a breeze lol, but I guess it was my mistake to assume that the format will be similar. So many theory questions and sigh, I hate to admit this but I tend to be super naggy when I answer such questions though it's only a few marks. Hahaha which is why my time management went haywire and I just panicked even more.
But more than losing those marks and not getting the grades that I should have gotten or what people would have expected me to get, I'm more disappointed in myself for not being able to apply all the knowledge I've acquired lolol. Not like idk my stuff but it's just exams and maybe carelessness haha. If it's because I really don't know the concepts then I wouldn't be so upset cause I deserved the blanks haha. Guess it's a lesson learnt the hard way, :(
Sigh, just when I thought that having the exam sickness, jitters and mindblock were bad enough for all my assessments thus far... I guess I have to learn how to be less careless and get straight to the point for finals! Haha why does it seem so hard to get my B+!!
On a side note, I'm glad when people tell me that I actually know my stuff one, though it's just a pity that I cannot get past the stress I face in exam settings. Hehehe thanks for the encouragements though I always reject them, hahah typical deb. Alw feel relieved when people appreciate and acknowledge my efforts though it's clearly not reflected in my grades oops :X
Hahaha yay feels better aft typing this, yes I was pretty angst with myself after the paper but I guess no use crying over spilt milk right. Hopefully I'll forget about this and not be affected anymore!! If not it's really #consolmepls hahaha. And tbh I'm glad I lowered my expectations cause I kinda guessed it would happen so yayyy. The level of disappointment is a lot lower also :D
To be more positive, I hope I managed to help tank the bellcurve for those who needed their A, just don't bellcurve me too much. #ivegotitcovered LOL. And hoping those studied last min made it through too!!
To be more positive, I hope I managed to help tank the bellcurve for those who needed their A, just don't bellcurve me too much. #ivegotitcovered LOL. And hoping those studied last min made it through too!!
Zi char dinner with Bryan and Jinxiang after that, thanks for agreeing to dinner omg. After the paper I really needed to do things to keep my head off the paper, like eating good or happy food!! Cannot leave me alone one lor, sure will emo nemo HAHA. And yes eating out is better cause if I have to travel all the home it'd be 10 plus and I doubt there'll be food left. Thanks for the ride out of sch for dinner and to Khatib!! Woohoo super fast bus ride home, 35 mins to Tamp :)
Andand I (finally) gained weight thanks to stress!! Study at home sure eat a lot one, lack of self control. HAHAHA idk who else other than me who cannot stand weight loss LOL. But it was really ridiculous la, so much steamboats and meals in a day it doesn't make much sense that I'm not gaining cause it can mean I never gain any muscle mass from yoga and badminton?! And I'm quite sure I trained my abdominal muscles from the planks omg, can feel it like it was back in IHG HAHAHA.
Hao de, time to sleep!!! Zombiedebs alr :( third consecutive day sleeping past 4 omgomgomg. Must sleep on the train tmr alr if not I'd die for badminton LOL. Scared of blackouts.
Andand I (finally) gained weight thanks to stress!! Study at home sure eat a lot one, lack of self control. HAHAHA idk who else other than me who cannot stand weight loss LOL. But it was really ridiculous la, so much steamboats and meals in a day it doesn't make much sense that I'm not gaining cause it can mean I never gain any muscle mass from yoga and badminton?! And I'm quite sure I trained my abdominal muscles from the planks omg, can feel it like it was back in IHG HAHAHA.
Hao de, time to sleep!!! Zombiedebs alr :( third consecutive day sleeping past 4 omgomgomg. Must sleep on the train tmr alr if not I'd die for badminton LOL. Scared of blackouts.
I shall remind myself not to expect too much for other stuff as well :/
Songs of the night - Elastic Heart, Love Me Like You Do. Sounds so emo nemo kind LOL. But ok rly spammed these songs lately.
Songs of the night - Elastic Heart, Love Me Like You Do. Sounds so emo nemo kind LOL. But ok rly spammed these songs lately.
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door
