Spontaneous dates!
Saturday, 3 January 2015
~3 days left in Kaohsiung - I'm trying very hard not to remember this and try to enjoy myself to the fullest before heading back.. And this includes clearing as many things on my to-do and to-eat lists before heading back.
& That being said, that was what I have been doing for the past 2 days! Going on spontaneous dates to do all of these! Super thankful to Lynn/Darius/Anna/Yanni for agreeing to do these with me; if not for them, I really don't know what else I'll do while le housemates are away except enjoying my alone time touring Kaohsiung. (I really wouldn't mind this, but I feel that I'll be happier with my friends cause these few days are probably the last few days I'll see all of them - some of which I'll probably never see in school anymore) So yeaps, these two days I've been out for the whole day though I'm supposed to be finishing up my risk final assignment and packing up. And initially I wanted to blog daily to do up posts where I have visited while I can still remember, but really no time ah!!
Friday (2/1/2015) - Escape Room & Honey Creme Ice Cream & Xin Jue Jiang
Enjoyable Friday afternoon spent at #freeinghk escape room with Lynn, Darius, Anna and Yanni!! :D Super happy that this plan still went on despite the fact that we only had 4 people initially so it was too expensive to get the 8-people group price but lucky Yanni decided to come with us!! :) And we are super funny ahhhh - Not smart but we still decided to up the game by choosing the hardest room Silent Blood. And we're lucky that we still got student discount so it got even cheaper per pax ^^
-Spoilers ahead-
But I guess it was really worth the money, mainly because of the company! HAHA we got stuck at the first section for damn long cause we never knew such cool technology existed, and we are doing all the wrong things there LOL (even after we sought help). But yeah the subsequent sections were slightly smoother when we started to figure how things work... But the funniest part was still at the last section where.. 1) We moved the skeleton prop out to another area of the room HAHAHA cause we got no idea what we are supposed to do even after getting all the hints. But hey in the end we managed to find the key cause I inspected the prop thoroughly HAHAHA!! (shan't say how I did that) And 2) We got the escape key a few seconds before times up but we didn't know it was for escaping so yeah... we played with the props again HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. In short, we were mainly laughing non-stop in the room!! So yeah.. we sort of failed it but they allowed us to finish the whole game ^^ And yeah we got praised cause it was a really hard room but we were fast, if not for shifting and playing around with the props! #skeletonpropsareourbestfriends
![]() |
| We took this picture to let people guess! But technically we DID finish the game though! |
But it was epic that we found an important clue without using the prop they gave us HAHAHA - At the last stage we kept thinking that some prop was key for escaping but in the end it was a useless prop for us cause we already got the clue by another method which I guess they didn't expect to.
Also, cause our help buzzer wasn't really working, so we had to wave and call for them. But somehow there were two incidences where we solved the clue right before they came we just said we pressed wrongly HAHAHAHA. Lastly we cannot read instructions properly - reading 'after' as 'before LOL. No wonder we couldn't escapeeeee. But we still finished in at least 5 minutes before time's up!
So after 2 rounds of playing we randomly decided to get... HONEY CREME!! Because there was 1-for-1 woohooo! And it's my first time trying :) Will never get to try this if not for them omg happydebs!!! I got the honey flavoured one and it was quite nice! :)
And we went back to central park for dinner (like a jokez cause we were there in the afternoon) but the Korean place where we wanted to eat at.... HAD FINISHED SELLING ALL THEIR CHICKENS HAHAHAHA. So yeaps, we got food around Xin Jue Jiang! Didn't get my favourite 天使雞排, but we tried the Nodding Chicken stall which was not bad too - Seaweed nodding chicken cubes, fries and Cheesy Fried Chicken Cutlet ^^ And tried this bun recommended by Anna - it has egg and meat in a bun. It was good and I wanted another one but they finished selling them so quickly omg!!!
But so sorry that I cannot be as spontaneous to go on a movie date cause I really spent a lot that day and I was up early with v little sleep!! :/ And I was so tired that I slept early without doing my work hahaha.
Saturday - 柴山/壽山, 凹子底
Saturday well spent with Lynn & Darius! Super thankful for agreeing to go with something that I randomly suggested HAHAHA. And yeah sorry for not allowing y'all to go on dates, LOL. (Hehehe kiddingz)So yeah, woke up super early to meet them for breakfast - tried this egg burger that was really quite good at this shop named "Jie Mei"! Kudos for clearing another thing on my to-eat list which is to try breakfast places that I have yet to try before. And hey, I ate bread!^^
So yeap, we went to Long Quan Shi to begin our hike at 柴山!! We took the leisure trail up, but it is not as easy as expected - A LOT OF STAIRS UP!! (And they are long flights of stairs hahahaha) Can totally feel our legs starting to ache at the top when we enjoy our well-deserved 養身茶 :D And we got to see many monkeys - during the hike and at the top!!
Being adventurous, we decided to try a different route back down, and we passed by this super steep slope where you have to grab on to tree branches and ropes to get down! And if you slip and fall can 斷手斷腳 oneeee! Super scared but we went ahead anyways!! Thankful that we met this uncle who hikes often to teach us how to get down the slope safely; he's damn good eh, we watched him climb up the slope as though it was nothing difficult!! #noobdieus!!
We met this crossroad that can link us to 壽山, and we decided to go for it though it would take longer to descend! Super rocky paths but it wasn't too difficult! :) We met this speaker who shared his expertise on dealing with monkeys at the peak of 柴山 and he was nice to lead us to the exit near the 壽山zoo. Cause we told him we didn't understand what we was talking about earlier, he voluntarily offered to repeat everything in Chinese so that we can catch what he is saying ^^ So yeaps, it was a fun hike for close to 4 hours and we learnt quite a bit!
![]() |
| Super nice background and this is only one of the many long flights of stairs behind |
![]() |
| This looked like we were at the peak but no, we were only halfway through then! @ Outlook Pavilion |
![]() |
| The super scary slope down! I was near the end of it where you can just grab onto the rope and walk down safely :D |
Headed to Aozidi for lunch, and yay I tried a different brand of milk tea and pancakes today after lunch! Sat down outside the bubbletea shop for damn long to talk/share stories HAHA before getting Lynn's dinner and visiting their apartment! And so another day was spent like that! Wanted to meet le buddy cause we wanted to pass me something but I guess it was a bit too impromptu cause I have yet to finish my stuff! Had my last plate of fried rice here, as well as my ice cream red tea!! :( Need to clear my to-eat list, one which included chicken chop spaghetti served on hot plate that are commonly found at night markets! Could have gotten it at Gushan night market but was too lazy to head back there :/ And I think I won't get to eat it unless I go to Ruifeng tomorrow night.... which is not very likely ahhhhh.
Okay, time to do work and START PACKING. Must finish these two before I sleeeeep!! And yes my card!!!!!
On a side note, the end is really near :( Got my tickets to Taipei and Taoyuan airport yesterday... #dontwanttoleaveyet :(((((
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door





