<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
Looking back (Part 1)
Thursday, 1 January 2015

Wanted to draft this out yesterday was too tired to - KO-ed right after bathing with my hair wet, and lights on and forgot about my supper. Wanted to head down to thank 邱先生 for his card - was really thoughtful of him, but I guess I have to wait till tonight too ooops.

[WARNING: Super long postttttt]

Anyway, yesterday marked the last day of 2014, but somehow it didn't feel like one - Probably because there were lessons and presentations in the day. The end of our Strategic Management presentation officially marked the end of my semester in NSYSU :) But it also meant that carefree days are going to be over soon - I guess once we are back in NTU we can never enjoy life like this again; when will be able to gather so many people to go out within short notices without a clash in schedules? 

Went for my first ever concert last night too! Super glad that I decided to get tickets eventually because I still remembered I was being very hesitant about going at first. But I'm glad I went, so thank you Lynn for inviting me over to join y'all for the concert. Really had fun last night!! :) I guess we were very lucky too - we went to the vegetarian restaurant without making reservations but they let us in cause we would be done before 8 - which is the time when the reserved table will be taken. Also there was free shuttle bus to the stadium! (Though the queue was long, the buses came quickly so we didn't wait long) Really enjoyed the concert, singing/humming along to the songs cause Idk the lyrics - they showed them at the front but I was too short to spot them HAHAHA. 

But yay countdown during the concert!! A different experience counting down in a concert as compared to previous years :) Did make some resolutions/wishes during the countdown heeeee. But I have say Mayday was damn upz - they performed for nearly 4 hours liveeeee, respect (Y)! Really worth going, if I'm ever back next year during this period I will go again!! (It's too expensive to go for concerts in Singapore HAHA) Just a pity that I couldn't take photos and videos cause I forgot to charge my phone!! Headed home late cause we were in the crowd queuing to board the trains (50 minutes of standing omgosh hahaha) 

But anyway here are some of the photos, thanks to Lynn!! :D 

At the concert venue! :) 
Facing the stage!! :)  
Mayday performing right behind woohoo!! :D (Just when I thought we are never ever gna see them up close)
Last song for the concert - 知足! They asked us to switch off our light sticks and used our phone torchlight instead, it looked super pretty!!! 
(Oh yes, speaking of the lightsticks, we brought the small and thin ones before going for the concert (had no time to purchase their merchandise due to lack of time!)  HAHAHA and it was so funny when people are jumping and all with their light sticks while we just... put our hands up!! Decided to get it in the end nonetheless!)

----
Back to the main point about looking back, 

I guess I have to say 2014 was probably one of the best years to-date. So many things happened, both good and the not-so-good ones (I really don't think I have really bad memories - cause normally after ranting it somewhere I'l always be fine already :D) but most importantly I think I grew as a person. Really learnt a lot during the past year and it is definitely the most memorable year :) Here's a timeline back to Jan! 

Year 2 Sem 2!
Welcomed 2014 in Hongkong when we visited Beverly and MZ :) And I've got hall accommodation with someone whom I didn't know back then! Was a little worried at first cause I normally don't interact with people whom I'm not familiar with, but hey I'm glad I took the first step to contact Michelle! :) A really sweet roomie I had, though we hardly sleep early and she was probably not in most of the time 'cause of commitments! But nonetheless, it was really enjoyable for the past semester - those random talks, cleaning up of our rooms when there were insects cause we're both scared of them, and those little gifts be it welfare packs, food and notes :) Still glad we are still keeping in contact while I'm in Taiwan - all those snapchats hehehe. Can't wait to see you back in Singapore :) 

Fave photo of us while we were studying!
Farewell gift before I left for exchange, thank you for the sweetest macaroons :D

PA/ Internship at KPMG
This was definitely something new for me cause firstly I've never been through internships before (sorry ah noobdebs here HAHA) and I have to say I'm really lucky to do my PA in Big 4, and choosing tax over audit. Met really fun friends (Table 7 and 237 seniors) during internships that made it soooooo bearable and fun! :) Will never forget paintball, lunch sessions together playing foosball/pool, Monday $1 drinks sessions, cheer-dancing, running, FLS aka 發牢騷 sessions (argh this is quite irritating but oh wells HAHA), etc! So many firsts in this - trying out cheer-dancing and outdoor runs! 

Oh yes, how can I forget Bintan? HAHAHA got so tanned but it was really fun though we didn't have an itinerary :) First time playing water sports there too! Planned to go NZ for grad trip as well! Bought our tickets, and though some things cropped up, I hope even if we don't get to go NZ together we would still meet up and hang out together okie :) 
Paintball!
Bintan :) 

Oh yes, though I did not get the offer from KPMG, I'm glad I was able to secure a job at EY during pre-turf heh :) At least I don't have to worry about finding a job after graduation :)

Taiwan Exchange 2014 - NSYSU
First time being away from home and learning to be more independent while being alone and not being under my parent's care. Planning to come on this trip was not easy - firstly cause the course registration wasn't that smooth, with modules being released late and the course matching process was pretty mehhhhh. Secondly, booking flights, looking for accommodation, changing of currency, what to bring and whatnot - was pretty overwhelmed by the number of things that I need to prepare and plan for an exchange. Thirdly, the thoughts of being in a foreign country away from home scared me cause I know my own limitations - I'd probably be lost and can't find my way around. 

Also, I was quite worried that I'd be alone most of the time 'cause I know Weishan can't be accompanying me most of the time and I didn't really know Bryan back then. I guess everything went pretty well though! Really nice housemate/friend who literally had to take care of me throughout our exchange  - we hang out together most of the time 'cause our timetables are similar & when the couple isn't in. Oh I'm such a direction-idiot and accident magnet that I guess if I'm left alone I'd probably get lost or get injured so I'm glad to have people looking out for me! :)
& I'm also thankful that all of them have been considerate and accommodating when it comes to food 'cause I'm a picky eater, and soooo sorry if I have been a burden sometimes/most of the time! 
But anyway I'm glad I'm slowly being more open to food that I used to reject! Though the attempts are not always successful, I guess it's a good start woohoo - thank you to those who tried to help me with eating vegetables/whatever food that I've never eaten before! I do hope the next time when I eat out with people they would not need to cater to my preferences :P

Most importantly, I'm glad I've made new friends - probably one of the greater takeaways from exchange, and forged stronger friendships with people whom I care for. Glad to have a Taiwan buddy whom I do contact to hang out together, and she's nice to accede to my request to ride me out of Sizihwan on her motorbike most of the time. Definitely going to miss her after I leave, do visit Singapore so that I can let you stay over at my place :) Made friends in my table tennis class too, cause most of them are locals and not Singaporeans.

Oh Bryan and I are probably going to miss 邱先生 from Hi-life. The first person whom we talked to when we headed there for the first time, and he's always so friendly and nice whenever we are there for supper :) We had really nice next-room neighbours too who offer us food and snacks! I'm glad we get to talk to them before we leave, and can't wait to have dinner with them soon! 

And yes, made new NBS friends on this trip - hahaha those whom we went ktv/alishan with! Thank you for the fun memories in Taiwan and I do hope we all can get together in Singapore though most of our timetables probably clash :(

And I'm going to miss cycling in Kaohsiung! Hahaha still a dangerous cyclist, but I'm super used to cycling to places when I'm not alone. (Nahhhh, you cannot expect me to cycle out alone unless it's around Sizihwan) I guess it's a good thing that I'm cycling most of the time though I fall from it pretty often - at least I'm sort of exercising and I'm not spending too much to travel around. :) Hahaha and yes, I won't forget my 6-hour cycling session with Bryan when we wanted to look for a Carrefour that was far from our place, but we never made it there cause of the railway tracks. But it was still a fun experience though :)

Lastly, I'm soooo glad that despite many new friends, I still have close friends whom I can rely on in Kaohsiung - notably Lynn, Hanying & Cheowlin! I have to say that I'm really lucky though, 'cause despite having slightly different timetable from my housemates, I have the exact same timetable as HY & CL (except Strategic Management on Wednesday but the same timing)! Thank you for letting me copy the notes y'all took when I missed what the prof said, passing me important stuff when I missed some lessons (:P) and also bringing me to eat good food often after our Tuesday classes!
As for Lynn, thank you for always hear me rant when we meet up to eat vegetarian food, really thankful because sometimes I really don't know who I can talk to about certain matters hahaha! Really glad that despite the fact that we never ever had the same lessons since Year 1 Sem 1, we never lost contact even after you left hall 2 :)  

Other things that happened on exchange (that I would have probably have blogged about it before) would include....

  1. Weekend trips to different parts of Taiwan with housemates/other NBS friends! There are places where I want to explore but have yet to; no time already! :( I guess I'll find a chance to come back next time to cover them! (合歡山, 小琉球, 太魯閣, 宜蘭, etc) 
  2. Celebrating my 21st overseas 
  3. KTV sessions!! It's sooo affordable to sing karaoke here and I'll miss singing overnight k! 
  4. Failed attempt to catch meteor showers at Cijin Island but it was still fun!
  5. Eating lots of dessert and food and iceeeee around our place 
  6. And many many more that I cannot remember nowww

I guess I'm really really going to miss all of these when I'm back :( Really liked the slightly laid-back and slower pace of life, as well we the culture - people here are soo friendly that sometimes I really enjoyed talking to them :) I still remembered Bev & MZ being pleasantly surprised that I could talk to the taxi uncle throughout the ride from the airport - and in Chinese HAHAHA. Cause I'm always the quiet type who wouldn't really talk to strangers, so yeap :P  

All those group polaroids we took in Taiwan :) 
TOYSSSS :D But how am I gna bring them back!
This pretty much summed up 2014! Happy new year everyone~ :) Spent the new year doing this omg it's super long! (Took me hours hehhh cause I had to think of what to write and yes my memory is really so poor that I had to really sit back and recap HAHA) And there's still part 2 for resolutions hohoho.

Anyway shall spend the evening doing laundry/watching countdown videos and start to pack up! Sigh really feels like we are going to leave soon :( Also need to start on Risk Mag final take-home assignment and compile Biz Val report! (Totally forgot about it and it's due tmr HAHAHA) And yeaps, need to plan my Taipei itinerary - actually it's just to look for places where I need to get my pastries and stuff from, and also how to get to Space Inn (shucks I really think I forget the route :/) and to take HSR to Taoyuan / getting to the airport. Also need to pack stuff to ship back too...

And today marks the first day of being home aloneeee - Le housemates are out till 4th/5th Jan to Kenting and Taipei respectively! Shall take this time to start becoming less dependent on the and adapt to how my lifestyle was back in SG! 

[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]