<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
Throw away those insecurities,
Tuesday, 7 January 2014

ONE MORE WEEEEEEEK... to reality. I cannot say that I'm prepared or whatnot, I'm definitely still in my holiday mood~
Well anyway welcome 2014! :) 2013 has been a year of ups and downs even till the very last day, but well, I guessed overall it had still been a good year :) 

Embraced the start of the new year in HK; though we didn't get to watch 'shooting stars' and fireworks at Tsim Sha Tsui, but well at least it was a good time catching up on life with chips, alcohol and.... seaweed (HAHAHA) till 5 am hehehe. Cannot emphasize (again) how grateful I am to have these bunch of friends in NTU :) I'm not an easy person to read, and definitely not an easy person to be close with. Insecurities often come to my mind often when I decide whether to open up or not, and how things will change after some . But well I guess I did manage to open up a little back in HK! Enjoyed myself since I got to eat, play and shop well hehe! Being back in HK also bought back many memories from the past with NASchoir toooooo~ Not going to elaborate on it but heh I missed meeting them! 
& I'm contemplating whether to keep a written journal of my HK trip again! I did that once back in 2008, and well it'd be nice to write again and compare how different things have become. But then again.... I got no timee! Argh if only I had all the time to myself to sit and think back exactly how the past year have been :)

Did a bit of reflection after my HK trip, and yes that sort of planned out my resolutions in 2014! It's not as detailed as before, but I guess it's always good to have some sort of goal (no matter how insignificant it is) and some values to hold on to bring me through 2014. As every year passes, things will only get harder so yes it's good to make improvements too :) 

1. Loved ones (family and friends) to be safe and healthy. 
I cannot emphasize how much health is of high importance as we age. We get more prone to illnesses, and with new viruses spreading around the world, the chances of falling sick have definitely increased :/
So yup, I hope everyone around me stays healthy. Nobody likes to be sick and feel useless at any point in time!

2. To always strive to be a better person.
Things and people around you are always changing, and yes I finally realised that it's sometimes good for some sort of change for the better. Over the years I learnt that stubbornness lead to unhappiness to all parties, and sometimes, small changes such as compromising can see better results. Change (for the better) is essential to grow up as a better and mature person. This applies to studies too; seeking for alternatives and changing your ways of studying may lead to better results. Though we cannot always be changing to suit everyone's needs, changing for the better for loved ones is already more than enough :)  

3. Don't lose faith and sight of what you seek to achieve in the long term because of the setbacks that you faced recently/ Look on the positive side of everything.
I guess this was something that I learnt over the past few years. Crying over spilt milk doesn't restore the milk to its original position. This is soooo applicable when it comes to setbacks such as failing to do well in xxx. I mean everything has already been fixed, and you have two ways to look at it. Firstly, either you cry/throw tantrums over what cannot be changed and forget about your goal, OR, learn from these mistakes and strive to make improvements in the near future to achieve your final goal. 

4. SMILE MORE, even when you are not exactly that happy.
It helps to spread the joy and brightens the atmosphere! Laughter is a greater medicine, and such actions are pretty contagious like how yawns are. I mean when friends are down, you try to cheer them up right? Yes, you do feel sad with them and cry a little since you empathise with them, but we cannot be sad forever..... SO why not smile and make them smile too! :) It brightens up everyone's day and help to get over unhappy issues quickly. 

5. Try to understand people more, but don't be overly sensitive. 
I guess this is just my personal problem. I like to analyze what people are thinking given their responses for what I said/did. Sometimes it's good, when you know you left a good impression. However, it is not the same when you believe that they are hurt/upset by what I did unintentionally. Ah well, let me try to focus on my studies now instead of doing such things :(

6. Stop adding additional (unnecessary) stress to myself.
I guessed I mentioned it often, but yes, I need to stop crying/pulling my hair and do stupid stuff when I'm extremely stressed up. I really need to start saying "yes I can do this, let me try a while longer before I skip this" OR "hmmm I guess I should ask xxxx how to go about doing this" instead of "ARGH I cannot do this at all omggggg and there are still so many things left undoneeee T_T"  

7. Better time management. 
Nuff said. Hahah less TV time debbbbbzzzzzz! 

8. Lose weight.
HAHAHAHA whatever happened to my plan last year mannn. Time to run again!! Well at least, I just want to be how I was last year. NO NEED to lose that much weight LOL. 

9. Communicate better with people!
No harm making more friends and slowly opening up right? :)

-----
Well time to wash the toilet, HAHAHA.

Shall start doing the assignment and finish it tomorrow. Last few days of holidays are going to be really packed! And yes, I will start to get into the mood for school :) And speaking of which I need to move more things to hall again. Not enough clothes + no pillows + no bedsheets. HAHAHA good job debs x.x 

Lastly..... Study plan this year? Prepare - Understand in class - Revise. Need to stick to this mannnn! 

Here's the song for the dayyyyy! Was watching my shows and live performances when I came across to this song! The lyrics are :))) First snow by EXO is also nice too! The live performance is here! HAHAHAHA Chanyeol's derp face! 

[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]