Expectations.
Friday, 2 March 2012
Results were out; I'm actually having mixed feelings, and it just goes down to expectations. Expectations from my family vs expectations from friends.
If you'd ask me, I would say I'm quite happy cause after having lot of bad feelings about results(cause of Midyrs and Prelims) I'd actually fared much better than what I personally expected. For someone who'd never passed Physics and Econs, and was still uneasy after making mistakes in the papers, getting a B for each is like really a godsend to me :) And also after seeing how the others in my family fared I really couldn't expect much y'know. All my family hoped was for me to pass my GP, get into university and complete my studies. I've already met their expectations, just that my GP was quite screwed uh :X
But on the other hand I realised I failed to meet what others expect of me. Probably cause of the class I'm in, there'll be people who'll expect me to get really good results, which of course to their surprise I didn't make the cut uh. It's like seeing people who always said that I'll go up to shake the principal's hand before results, and after that they'll come asking if I'm alright or whatnot; you'd just feel a little bad. Also, you just don't feel that good when you see most of your classmates up there. I'm definitely glad for them, but at the same time I'd feel like I could have been able to be like them if I'd actually worked harder. 'Cause there're people who may have failed much during their JC lives, but scored extremely well in As. It's not like it's impossible.
Gah, shan't think much. Shall play, watch shows and think about what I want to do. I'm still hoping to get into accountancy though my hopes aren't high. If not I wouldn't mind Psychology, Math or Material Science. I'm actually considering Mass comm too, gonna ask my godsis about it! Shall try to read up a bit on scholarships this weekend too!
Can't wait to go cycling tmr and celebrating over results (and getting our first pay soon)! Grats Weishan who scored 3 As, it's higher than what she expected too!! :) Also grats to all those who did well hehehe :)
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door