I survived!
Friday, 18 December 2015
WAHAHA I finally had time to update. Like finally.
Peak is sort of over. Or rather, the official peak for corporate tax ended on 15 Dec, so by right TP's peak should have ended by then too because of the contemporaneous documentation requirement! But in reality...
Nope. Not really. We're still taking in work for FY2014 so it seems like we're still busy, but definitely less busy on my side!! And I took leave from 16th-18th once the leave block is lifted to rest. Like my main aim is just to... Sleep in and wake up late. I don't expect myself to be totally off from work, but as much as possible I want to avoid doing work! My seniors were saying that I should've taken a longer break and go overseas, if not we confirm will still use the laptop to do some form of work. Lol sadded :(
But okay laaaa, not much work to do except one write up after my client meeting on Tues! Thankfully my manager understood that I was going on leave so he didn't ask for it soon - we initially wanted to hold it aft my leave hehe. But I need to start asking for work soon if not I'll be too free at times and it's not good especially when round table is coming soon. Asked one senior manager how is it like though I know it's not as nice as I expected. But oh well I do hope everything goes well though. I don't need exemplary ratings or feedbacks but definitely not mean comments that were not communicated to me directly but only on the round table. Yknow, it feels abit like betrayal but sadly life's like that and there's nothing we can do. No power so just... Keep it to ourselves ba.
But this was indeed a crazy peak. Stayed till 4am in the office before, went back to office over the weekends (and stayed past 12 a few times), one week non stop cabbing aft work, not sleeping for one night cause I felt bad for not rushing something out that I couldn't sleep, bathed in the office and changed to my sleepwear (LOL totally feeling like I'm home please), stressed out at wee hours in the morning like how I felt like breaking down when I stayed up to study cause I did nothing much the whole day (not productive), etc. Thankfully there were nice colleagues with were encouraging despite having to review my work which I felt was not up to standard sometimes.. And also to our fellow batchmates!! Glad we supported each other throughout :):)
Kinda lost track what happened during the 3 months.. Not sure if I talked about how I spent my 22nd at work HAHA. Probably on Dayre, but well just brief updates!
- EY DND 2015
First corporate DnD!! Hahah wondering if I'm fated to alw do such stuff - when I was an intern we got arrowed to do cheer dancing; this year as a tax associate we have to perform! Actually most associates have to but for tax, we all have to participate in various roles. But okay la, I only get to do it once only :P shall post some pics for that night!
Featuring the billies!! Our table theme :)
Performance team! Female ghosts / drag queens / zombies!
Collage for the night!! With colleagues and fellow NTU friends if you can spot them! :)
Photo w my female batchies during the break before the actual dinner!! :):)
Shall upload our video one day! Thoight ours was good; if not because we exceeded the time limit haha. But oh wells! After-party was fun too! Just jumping ard the stage instead of a club - just shiok enough to forget about work stress!! :) sad thing is, cannot claim cab woops!
- Teoheng KTV!
Teoheng KTV on the very next day - we must have been crazy HAHA. But yay weekend well spent away from work! People came and left at diff timing and this was taken at some point LOL. Missing quite a few here.
- Birthday celebrations!
Wasn't expecting much for my 22nd cause it's not like any other milestones and it's peak and me haz no friends during peak but oh well, I was pleasantly surprised on many occasions!
Celebration #1 was with le godsis & Jeremy aft my KTV session!! Made reservations at Platypus - good food, good company, good service. And thanks for the treat fave sis!! *hugs*
Celebration #2 was in office for the October babies and I missed it cause I was out for dinner HAHAHAHAHA. But I got a cake, just no birthday photo :)
Celebrations #3, #4, #5 were on the actual day itself! The batchmates bought a slice of cake :) Hahaha but I couldn't eat it cause it was aft lunch so we shared it on the next day!
#4 was with Germ and Eugene! Quite funny cause Germ was asking when I will be free to claim my free dinner for passing him my tax cheatsheet :P And it ended up on the day itself because I had nothing planned haha. Thanks for the treat Germ! (think he paid Eugene's share as well) And thanks for coming all the way down to satisfy my cravings!
#5 was ofc, at homeeeee :) cheesecake yums ^^
#6 was with Michie who came to my office area to treat me to dinner!!! Thankyou sweetest exroomie :):)
#7 was with the hall loomies hehe. It's more like just a catchup but thanks for the dessert treat Weishan, 不愧是我的best roomie!
#8 was the gift from uni batchmates :):) super pretty I cannot! Thanks guys and girls!!!
- Meetups!!
With the alishanktvpeeps, though I only sang for 20 mins LOLOL.
And w my pretty ladies for Our Times! :)
- Grandpa's birthday!
Hehehe glad I didn't miss it this year!! Thou I was rushing work at home. :X
- Matt's farewell
Fast forward a lil, it was Matt's farewell!! Hope you had fun in sg for the past three months!! And helping us out during peak :)
- SHUBIN IS BACK!
That's right! Le petite friend is back from UK!!! And she only met me after a month since she came back tsktsk!!! As usual no photos of her lest she kills me!! So yup just food and Christmas decos :):)
Shall be continued in the next post. Need to sleep omg 2 days of my leave just passed like that. Boooooo :(
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door















