<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
4 - TAIPEI (20 - 24/11/2014)
Monday, 15 June 2015

Third #weekendtravelingggg post; really not sure if I can finish this before I head towards Taipei next Monday, but I hope I can!! Thankfully there was a rough itinerary that I found while sorting out my Drive (Hahaha super thankful for this; it's like my mini brain / summary / cheatsheet!!!) Hopefully it helps; I kinda remembered the day when we didn't follow it! 

Personally one of my more memorable trips, probably cause we spent more days exploring :) Second last trip when all of us actually traveled together.
 
DAY 1: 十分老街 / 良辰美瑾民宿


Left for Taipei in the afternoon after Bryan's morning class (It's our free day yay!). Still remembered I was doing the Risk Management mid-term assignment before heading out; and was damn rush cause I couldn't find a place to print my article. (Had to trouble 邱先生 and his daughter at Hi-life to help out until we realised actually the machine was actually faulty) Weishan and Chongkai left first to get HSR tickets for Xinshe; left with Bryan slightly later to grab a quick bite before heading to Zuoying station. Think I damn cui; kept thinking I forgot to lock our room doors / clear rubbish / etc while otw there. (happens all the time back here as well; always ended up climbing out of bed after lights are out cause I keep forgetting whether I switched off everything)

First time taking HSR!! (After learning our lessons never to 包車, cannot imagine how much we'll spend if we did that *inserts shocked emoticon*) Quite a long ride there, about 5 hours from one end of Taiwan to the other; had a good sleep there though I wanted to do work at first. But who will study when they are travelling hehehe. 


We-fie when we arrived at Taipei HSR! Super thankful to have housemates who kinda know their way around - it was so crowded that I really couldn't think oops. Went to have dinner and get milk tea before heading towards Shifen station! Quite funny though, we couldn't really hear what was being announced over the speakers in the train. When the driver / attendant walked past our cabin we had to ask how many stops more, thankfully we were told how many stops more before we have to alight, 

Arrived at Shifen! :)

And we met a cat that' apparently enjoying life in the chilly (rainy) weather

Went to Shifen Old Street (十分老街) to release sky lanterns, aka 放天燈. It's like a must to do that when we are there, even though it's late and raining and cold~ Took turns to write on the lantern :) But I think my Chinese proverbs are super limited, can't really think of what to write for our side... And I guess le housemate wasn't that proficient too cause ours looked so empty compared to wsck's one HAHAHA. Presenting to our half completed sky lantern!

This should be for safety!

I suppose this is for career!

After taking photos for the first half... Of course we have to finish writing on the other sides!

Le housemates working (thinking and writing) hard :P

This is for happiness :D 

Wealth!! $.$
Can see the huge difference in the way we utilised the space right :$ Probably the second time releasing sky lanterns; did that with Weishan once back in Bintan during hall overseas trip! But it's not the sameeeee, that time we only wrote our wishes on red lanterns!

Went to the railway tracks to capture a few more photos in the rain! (Used my phone cause it was waterproof; but actually I think all their phones also can use to take though~)


The shop owners lighted the lantern.. and we get one last photo with it!


And of course releasing it! :) Hehehe this is my 2nd favourite group picture from our weekend travels!


Slowly moving up into the sky~ (and braving the rain)



Hehehe thankfully we didn't see it fall or something; so yayyyyy! May our wishes do come true though ^^

The minsu owner fetched us to our accommodation at 良辰美瑾民宿 cause it wasn't very accessible and it was quite late already! But the rain was no joke though, our feet were kinda soaked when we finally got there. But it's a pretty place though it was dark! 

Our comfy minsu for the night! The bed looks a little small for the guys hahaha. Didn't take phtotos of the scenery outside cause it was dark but it's so cool we have huge windows that allows us to look at the pretty scenery outside in the day (one of the reasons why we chose this minsu - saw the pretty view in the previews.. it's supposed to 面山)



We got served with some biscuits and Roselle tea - super sweet but it's fragrant! :)


Spent the night indoors cause it was raining and cold~~ Just watched the TV hahaha they were showing some exercise routine but it was quite funny :P And the blankets were so awesome for the chilly weather ^^ Just nua-ed on the bed watching shows before we all decided we should email our biz val prof that we are taking leave from classes out of respect. (Super interesting though; would have never done that in Singapore hahaha) But then horrrrr. I emailed saying we are taking leave but never say who apparently LOL. Cause the prof did mention our absence in class HAHA.

And once again... I made a bet with le housemate Bryan to see if he can wake up early oops. Not sure if it was a good idea to blehhhhh.

[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]