3 - TAINAN / KENTING (10/10 - 12/10/2014)
Monday, 18 May 2015
Second #weekendtravellingggg post, finally! Le housemates' tutorial clique Benjamin (aka Ben) joined us for this trip since he hasn't been to Kaohsiung so we asked him to visit us and travel together. Thankfully it wasn't awkward cause I knew Ben before that; think the world is really small. We worked together with wsck for MA back then, and he knows Bev so yeaps! :)
We booked a cab for this trip also, which kinda total up to quite an expensive weekend trip again. But at least I had fun, though I returned to Kaohsiung with a new scar. Had rashes after my first trip too, oh well~ Have fun worry later :P
DAY 1: TAINAN - 安平古堡, 安平樹屋, 台江國家生態園區
While en route to Tainan~ Didn't really sleep throughout the ride and yayyyy to no/little motion sickness that day! :)
The cab uncle was saying, 來到這些地方就要吃當地的美食! Cause at different parts of Taiwan they have different 名產, so yup have to try! So he recommended the pearly soya bean. Yayyy first time eating soya bean since I came to Taiwan! Was so happy initially cause I didn't see this around Kaohsiung, or rather I probably didn't check this out. (Cause subsequently I realized that most of the shaved ice shops near our apartment actually sells them)
Headed to Anping Old Fort (安平古堡)! Super sunny day was good for travelling but wearing two layers of clothes weren't. Literally sweating throughout :(
The famous Anping Fort Cannon~
Huge goose eggs for y'all? :)
Had lunch around the area; Bryan managed to satisfy his oyster cravings. Walked along the old streets of Anping after that and got bubble tea before heading back to the cab!
![]() |
| BBT with le roomie :) |
Mandatory group shot before leaving :D
Bought tickets and queued to enter! But as the name suggests, it's really just a tree house, a house full of branches :P But okay, at least it wasn't too hot in there! Nothing much, and it's not expensive to enter.
![]() |
| Photobombbbbb! |
![]() |
| Selfie w roomie! :) |
The last destination & dinner venue were probably le housemates' favourite places. Oyster & seafood heavennnnn~ Headed to the area where we can board the boat towards Taijiang National Park (台江國家生態園區). This is how the boat looks like! The cab uncle went to get tickets for us.
But before that, we have to wait, and we get free flow supply of.. OYSTERS. Hahaha their fave!! Ben & I just kinda sat there and watched them; I've got no idea how to roast them and I'm not eating them! But it looks kinda fresh!
![]() |
| All looking so happy while waiting to cook their oysters! |
![]() |
| Cooking cooking~ |
![]() |
| It opens up when it's cooked and ready to be savoured HAHA. |
Had a few rounds of cooking 'em oysters before boarding the boat! Had to wear life jackets for safety reasons.
The view is really pretty while we're headed towards the park. It was close to the time when the sun was going to set.
Lots of dried salted fish when we reach there!
Group photo near the waters; a little muddy and it was sooo windy. Look at how messy our hair (WS and mine) were. :(
Followed the trail along the park to the end where you can see the beach and sunset! :) And it's time for group photos again~
![]() |
| With le housemates! :) |
![]() |
| With Ben, who's probably sick of us spamming group photos HAHA. |
![]() |
| Beautiful sunset at Taijiang :) |
Lots of oyster shells, must be from the free-flow supply of oysters provided! Can't imagine how many are there cause it's a super long trail.
Headed for dinner somewhere around the area with nice seafood! Hehehe doesn't matter if I don't eat, so long as the rest ate well I'm happy too :D And I realized I found a food buddy who doesn't eat vegetables and certain food as well. #notalone :P
Took a cab back to our minsu after that! More photos HAHAHAHA. Front camera cui, so no nice/glam photos! (But I think these aren't too bad... :X)
| With Bryan and the cab uncle this time! :) |
Didn't know what to do back in the minsu. Quite interesting though, I didn't know if we booked 四人房, 加床 simply meant adding an extra set of pillows LOL. I thought would have extra beds :(
Decided to make do with visiting a night market nearby and carry out our favourite past-time - bridge x alcohol! Everyone except Ben headed out to the nearest mini night market. Weishan and Chongkai left halfway before they really explored the night market to get alochol too.
And I had the chance to navigate my way back to our minsu. LOL it was damn fail please, halfway through we walked into a supermart that we didn't really walk past initially... and mean housemate Bryan decided not to say anything except telling the group we'll be back later cause I'm lost (I should totally find that message if I can!!) In the end still had to rely on the human GPS! Sigh can never understand how can people read maps or remember routes. It's not that I didn't try but everything looks the same to me. :(
Headed back to play afterwards! no Asahi so we made do with Tiger Beer! Quite funny cause... Bryan thought he forgot to bring his specs out and hence, decided to use his goggles HAHA. But in the end he realized it was in his bag afterall. :P
Idk why but I kinda remembered what Liz was texting me then! Like super coincidental cause it was somewhat similar to what Ben told me when we were exploring Tainan in the day! But, nahhhhh~
Didn't play for very long before we decided to move outside to the lounge and do our course-matching stuff! Hahaha must always remember that we're on exchange so credits transfer is damn damn important!! LOL.
Had a good night's sleep! Light sleeper but I guess when the bed's really comfy sometimes you wouldn't really pay attention to what was going on and just... continue sleeping. :P
Labels: debzintw
rose |
0 rose(s) on your door


























