<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
Good company :)
Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Happydebs is always happy when I'm with good company :) :) Really spent my weekend well, at the expense of my studies. But I guess it's because we're still at Week 3, so I gave myself some leeway to enjoy myself while I still can :D

Date with family!
Went to visit grandpa to place some flowers at his resting place, but it took us so long to get there 'cause it was so hard to get maxicab! So in the end we decided to book 2 cabs wherever we travel around. Went to do some shopping with grandma and aunts at AMK hub! Think the last time I went there was before they renovated it or something - it looks so different now. Managed to get some clothes, and I got a maroon top. So proud of myself that I didn't get a white top, if not my whole wardrobe will be white already hahaha. Oh yes, we all bought bubble tea, and Alishan tea is niceeeee! Also went to this pasar malam nearby, totally reminded me of those yeshis that we went in Kaohsiung, just that it's a day market here. (Shall not elaborate how much I missed tw again, if not it'll sound so irritating haha)

Went to do some home shopping after that - hahaha saw many home furniture that's so pretty and all. Made me wonder why didn't I help out with my own home shopping when we renovated our place  :( But it's still fun to watch them shop for curtains and bed sheets while my bro and I were just goofing around. Went to eat around the area, and there's this crab house that looks nice, and they intend to dine there for my grandma's birthday in March - I need to start getting used to eating crabs already! :P Something good about spending one whole day with them - always eating HAHAHA. Getting fat but oh well I still enjoyed it. Too bad mummy was busy at work though :/

Watched Insidious Chapter 2 late at night and I think I'm not as brave as before, I cannot sit and watch the whole show without covering my face often HAHAHA. Guess it's a good thing for my friends cause I probably wouldn't ask them to watch horror movies that often - paying money to scare ourselves :D But speaking of movies, I haven't really watched one in the cinema in a loooong while, not even in Taiwan omgz. Only watched one movie there... in our apartment then, using the laptop hahaha. There were movies that I wanted to watch but never got the chance to, sadly. Shall watch one soon using the free movie voucher I got! #cheapskatemuch :D

And I missed movie marathons with Kary & Weishan, those ol' times when we would rent DVDs and watch it at my place (once at Weishan's). We'd always have one horror/thriller (for me hehe), one comedy to calm our nerves after watching the horror show, and one of a random genre. Guess we are all so busy now that if we have to spare time to watch these, we don't need to sleep already!

KBBQ/ KTV/ Dinner
Met Bryan, JX and Rachel for brunch at Ssikkek - left house late and had to run for buses and trains... on a Sunday morning :S But heyyyy though I was late I still ended up being the earliest! & I was staring at the maps for damn long and trying to match with the screenshot I had to find my way cause I thought they all left first hahaha. Thankfully I headed back & the guys led the way though, if not I'd never get there :D

Good food and good company - so much laughter talking to them and listening to their theories HAHA. Like mind-blogging questions but I can never reason it out properly - like whether 0.999999 = 1 and whether to take the final exams in a given situation. But I think the funniest would be JX's theory about putting back uneaten rice to the rice cooker HAHAHA. First time hearing the logic behind doing this, and it's epic cause whatever questions we raised he still held on firmly to his logic.. to the extent that we were just asking for the sake of asking already. And we were learning how to peel prawns using spoon and fork - I gave up halfway HAHA but still finished my prawn anw :P

The BBQ smell was so strong; after that the guys went to spray febreeze on themselves and smell like some washing product HAHAHA. Headed to Teoheng after that to change and get our room number, and it's quite cheap omo - $30 for 3 hours and it's not per pax, it's by room size! Had fun singing though I don't think everyone got to sing much cause we had 8 people (SH, CH, SK and Fiona joined us there), but guess it's the company that matters! And they have new songs as well; managed to sing 算什么男人 and 可惜没如果! Guess the girls were a bit lazy to head over to choose songs; I was wondering why we didn't sing Blank Space :P (And I saw - they have 12:30 inside as well omg!!!) But still good time spent there singing/listening to oldies and the usual songs! Hopefully we'll get to meet up and sing k soon, though once everyone gets busy and starts studying then it's a different story already :(

Headed for dinner with them after that (though I have dinner at home and I still told my maid in the morning that I would be home for dinner :P) Idk what made Bryan felt so sure that I would definitely dine out, and guess I should've listened and called my maid to not cook for me even before we went for KTV haha. Dinner at Steakout - it's good and affordable! (But I'd prefer Thai if we could have went to the place where we initially want to go; cravings hahaha) Sadly we can't really eat in peace cause Bryan was being annoying with his fake British accents and puns, and his knife show that put our lives on the edge. Get his intentions for trying to entertain though :P But thankfully I'm well trained not to laugh at his jokes already, cannot afford to choke on my food and start coughing again. Not when I'm finally okay and well enough to sing :D

Wanted to head back after that, but we stopped by at Blackball :D Sighpie, supposed to eat desserts once every fortnight but it... failed HAHA. Having it weekly hahaha, not to mention I still have my gelato cravings - shall find Michie to eat together soon! :) And I never knew they have winter melon base for the dessert - shall eat there again sometime sooooooon!!

Sunday really well spent with them; I don't say much but really thankful to have known all of them. :D Guess really, if not for Taiwan exchange, I wouldn't have known any of them and things would really be different back in SG. Meeting new people & making new friends is interesting; I'm always glad that I've made friends who are friends to keep! :)

Every new friend is a new adventure... the start of more memories. - Patrick Lindsay 
Something that we can all relate to :)

Headed home and I had ice cream and milo for desserts again cause my maid struck lottery - not a lot but she always buy us stuff at times like this! Hehehe not to mention they saved my favourite soup for me for supper! :D (Guess my mum was also smart enough to tell my maid not to save food for me). Glad the week ended well~~

Yoga Monday!
Super busy Monday - had to bring so many sets of clothes - one for the accreditation meeting, and sports attire for yoga! Shan't elaborate on the meeting cause it's on dayre, but yoga was quite interesting though I was late, I missed like more than half the lesson! HAHA. But okay at least I still exercised a little! And it's always nice to talk to Kary cause we can talk about anything and everything, and it keeps me happy :D Hopefully the next few sessions would be fun as well! & Our stomach muscles did ache today HAHA. Do you think it's possible to get abs from all these yoga with all the core training? :P

On a side note I'm glad I'm following my resolutions - trying new food / spending quality time with people who make me happy :D Hahaha random but Bev made me do the quiz to find out about my love language. I got quality time as my primary language and words of encouragement as my secondary language, but I guess it's not only when it comes to those kind of relationships, even with friends I guess these hold as well :D Which is probably why the company always mattered more than anything else.

One of the best things in life is making new friends and spending time with the old ones. 
This is quite true hahaha :)

Something rather punny to end the post before I start.... doing some work! Shall be a good student and stay at home in the afternoon :D


[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]