<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8313832628175600584?origin\x3dhttp://snow-whitechocs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lost days, pictures fade.
Resolutions (Part 2)
Friday, 30 January 2015

Hahaha finally had time to finish this! :)
(Actually I'm NOT that busy, considering the workload is a lot lesser compared to the previous semesters; but I guess post exchange blues and re-adaptation will take time. Been either sleeping/going out during my free time though I know I should be finding part-time job or something to kill time and earn money so that I can go to more places after graduation!)

Anyway, after looking back as my past resolutions and all, these are what I hope to achieve in this year! :) Same old things, there're always values that I strongly hold on to as well; guess there'll be repetitions along the way!
Credits to articles - Things that you should stop doing in 2015 / 20 things you should insist no matter what other people say.

In no particular order:

Loved ones to be safe and healthy. 
Cannot emphasize this enough - With grandpa's passing and uncle's health, I really hope everyone else will be healthy! Really, nobody likes being sick and helpless, and with a bunch of us graduating and going into working life, guess work-life balance is something that we should all seek to achieve :) No point working sooo hard when you are not healthy enough to spend it on things you like cause you're sick right?

To change for the better, and grow as a person.
Everyone has flaws, but I guess improving and striving to be a better person than who you were yesterday is important. People do change to suit specific people needs, but we cannot be always changing just to suit everyone's needs. This year, I just hope to be a better person to those whom I hold dear to and maintain good relations with them :) Time to slowly get rid of bad habits, learn from past mistakes and move on! But then again I must always remember to be true to myself even as I seek to make changes - Make these changes and decisions for myself, and never compromise or shortchange myself :)

Optimism
Guess this should be something that is not hard to achieve! This is just a matter of perspective - like how people view a glass of water as half-full or half-empty. I believe that optimism has its advantages, like sometimes it does gives assurance to people to believe that I'm okay :) And also, laughter when you sound a little too optimistic. (I still remembered when my leg was bandaged, instead of telling people how horrible it was, I was telling them my old scars were only making new friends so that they wouldn't be lonely haha. Sounds like wts but I guess if it makes people laugh, why not? :D) Being pessimistic and overly-concerned/worried can never get anything done when you're so preoccupied with these negative thoughts too. So.... let's all be happy and smile moreeee! :) :) :) And not think that the glass is half-empty!

Spending more time with people whom I care for / Being with people who make me a better or happier person. 
I guess the main point is that if I spend time with those whom I care for and those who care for me, I'll definitely be happier! :D Just something that I realized in my last semester in school - this is actually the last few months when you can meet up with your favourite people and friends before entering the working world. & Once you start working, it'll definitely be harder to find time to catch up with them and all when we are in different fields. So yeaps, must cherish the remaining time with friends and family - catching up and being there for them, and making time for those whom I don't see often but are still important to me.
& At the same time, to cut out those who bring me down. This is difficult but necessary I suppose. No point being so unhappy because of them - afterall life is really too short to be bothered by these people right.

Learning to be more appreciative of what I have.
This is something that I am really thankful for - that I am always blessed somehow. Definitely evident from those significant events that happened in the past year. Hopefully I have accumulated enough good karma to bless me for the whole of this year as well! HAHAHA. Nahh, I was kidding about that. Shall just accept whatever comes along the way and be thankful if it's something good :)
Contrary to the saying that the grass is greener on the other side, I hope that I'd complain less this year!

Being able to open up more to people. 
Guess people who know me well probably knew that I'm an extreme introvert, and it's always very hard for me to start talking to people, not to mention sharing thoughts / issues that are close to my heart. Especially when I always find it hard to trust people because 人心難測 - there are times when I don't think I can really tell if someone is sincere, or just trying to get information from me for other reasons :/ Despite that, I'm glad that I still have people whom I can share my troubles with.
This year I hope that I can try to start conversations with people (i.e. being more active than passive) and hopefully also be able to voice my opinions with greater ease!

To be more independent.
This is really something that I hope to achieve - guess I'm still very dependent on people, especially when it comes to directions and going out with people cause I'm scared of getting lost. (Getting lost is fun as you get to explore places, but not after you realize you're panicking and all because you cannot find your way homeeee). Realized in exchange that I'm pretty dependent on people too - hardly alone and it's not a good sign! Let's hope before flying to a foreign country again I can learn to be less "sticky" to people hahaha. If not I can never go on a solo trip mehhh :(

To stop being so accident-prone.
Welllll, I guess there's nothing much to say here. I can fall from doing anything and everything - such as... walking HAHAHA. Let's hope I won't get anymore scars from riding stuff like bicycles! And I shall try riding the ATV one day when I'm not scared of it anymoreeee :)

To learn to eat more types of food. 
Glad that I have started to try new food in 2014, especially during exchange, This year I hope the list of food that I eat gets longer :D And also to continue eating those food that I've tried to get used to the taste. Hopefully there'll be a day when people really don't have to be concerned about my diet and ea at ease instead of having to order food to accommodate to my preferences even though they do not really like them.

Stop inducing unnecessary stress on myself.
Just a reminder to self to be less sensitive and not think too much cause it really adds unnecessary stress or unhappiness to myself :)

(Had a lot more while I was thinking about it but I cannot remember and this is already taking so long! Hahahaha)

Cheers to a better year ahead! :)


[ O L D E R ]
[ N E W E R ]